To Opiate or Not to Opiate in 2017: Managing Chronic Pain in an Era of Abuse, Addiction and Patient Satisfaction – Andrew G. Kowal, M.D. – SPECIAL 3.0 hr. Grand Rounds
Date(s) - 11/15/2017
8:30 am - 11:30 am
SERESC Conference Center
NH Board of Medicine (“Board”), at its July 5, 2017 meeting, approved the Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester Grand Rounds on Opioid Prescribing to satisfy the requirement of RSA 318-B:40:
Beginning with the 2016-2017 CME reporting cycle, physicians who possess a DEA license will need to include 3 hours of Board approved opioid CME as part of the regular every-other year CME reporting cycle that coincides with license renewal.
Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Time: 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
Location: SERESC Conference Center Bedford, NH
Cost: $80.00 Please make checks payable to: The MHCGM
*IF enrolling online with form below or downloading the actual flyer and you want to pay by credit card, the address to enter must be the one the credit card billing statement goes to.
This training will discuss managing your patients with chronic pain while considering the long-term effects of pain medications.
- Decide on appropriateness of opioid analgesics
- Assess for opioid misuse risk
- Counsel patients about opioid safety, risks and benefits
- Competently monitor patients prescribed opioids for benefit and harm
- Make decisions on continuing or discontinuing opioid analgesics
- Safely discontinue opioids when there is too little benefit or too much risk/ harm
The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- The Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center designates this live activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The AMA CMEs – Continuing Medical Education Credits – are accepted by the New Hampshire Board of Mental Health Practice, and by ANCC for certification renewal. Always check with your licensing/certification board to determine eligibility to meet your continuing education requirements.
- NASW 3.0 credits in progress.
Sponsors: Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center and The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester
To pay by check: click on flyer GR flyer 11-15-17
Registration has closed for this event.