The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester offers a system of services designed to respond to a wide range of client needs. We have programs to serve people of all ages that focus on restoring health and improving quality of life. Our approach enables clients to access services tailored to meet their changing needs. Programs include:
- Bedford Counseling Associates - short term counseling for children, teens, and adults for help with personal, family & relationship problems, stress, depression, child/teen issues or substance abuse.
- Medication Services - Psychiatrists and nurse practitioners provide medication management and follow-up for clients receiving other Center services.
- Naturopathic Medicine - Natural, alternative approaches offered by a naturopathic doctor to complement traditional mental health interventions.
- Child and Adolescent Services - Specialized service for children, teens with more serious emotional/behavioral issues. Family centered including home and community based care.
- Senior Counseling Services - Services designed to meet the unique needs of older adults.
- North End Counseling - Specialized skill building services for clients who need to learn to manage anger and other extreme feelings, handle people more effectively and avoid distress/crises.
- Community Support Services - A recovery oriented managed care approach for persons with more serious and often persistent mental illness. Includes vocational and residential services.
- Emergency Services - 24/7 response to emotional or psychiatric crises & suicide prevention.
- The Cypress Center - a short term inpatient crisis stabilization program.
Nearly all of the services we provide to clients are covered by health insurance. We also offer a sliding fee scale to minimize any financial barriers to accessing care.
The Center has been serving the behavioral health needs of the community for 50 years and is the largest provider of outpatient mental health care in New Hampshire. We are affiliated with Dartmouth Medical School and we maintain our own Research Department. We are frequently asked to provide consultation and/or training to mental health providers all over the world.