Explore Different Areas of Mental Illness
Our research helps to create evidence-based practices of the future
The Mental Health Center of Greater Manchester collaborates with many other organizations to conduct research studies exploring many different areas of mental illness. Some of our research partners include:
- Dartmouth Medical School
- The Dartmouth Psychiatric Research Center
- The Social Security Administration
- The Veterans Administration
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- The National Council in Washington, D.C.
Expanding Knowledge Through Collaboration
Our research department is professionally-staffed with a team seeks to build successful collaborations with other research communities. We have performed leading-edge mental health research on evidence-based practices for people with serious mental illness for more than 15 years, and we were the primary site for the early ground-breaking studies with Dartmouth Medical School on Supported Employment (SE) practice, Co-Occurring Disorders (IDDT), and Intensive Case Management. We maintain a close relationship with Dartmouth Medical School.
We have participated in numerous national studies, which include:
- The Mental Health Treatment Study through the U.S. Social Security Administration
- Medication trials, including Massachusetts General Hospital’s study of the use of smoking cessation medication for people diagnosed with Schizophrenia.
Our research department has been engaged in all stages of research design, recruitment, implementation, interpretation, and dissemination. Protocols range from clinical medication trials to psychosocial interventions, and from neuropsychological testing to substance use screening.
We are proud of our record of reliably recruiting large numbers of subjects for the many different studies for which we have been a partner.