Date(s) - 07/23/2020 - 12/23/2020
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) Clinician Training Manual and Webinar
Chronic insomnia is highly prevalent as a primary or co-morbid disorder, and CBT-I is now considered the first-line treatment for chronic insomnia in adults. It improves sleep in 70-80% of patients, is more effective than sleeping pills and reduces or eliminates sleeping pills in the vast majority of patients. It also doubles the improvement rates of depression compared to antidepressant medication alone in depressed patients with insomnia, and it improves other co-morbidities including pain and fibromyalgia, substance abuse, PTSD, and menopausal hot flashes.
Due to the cancellation of Dr. Jacobs’ CBT-I workshop in September due to the pandemic, we are partnering with Dr. Jacobs to make his CBT-I Clinician Training Manual and Webinar available at a discounted price.
The CBT-I Clinician Training Manual and Webinar enables clinicians to develop competence in CBT-I as a clinical subspecialty using an empirically and clinically validated CBT-I protocol for adults. It is based on over 30 years of clinical practice at Harvard Medical School and the University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center by Dr. Jacobs involving over 10,000 insomnia patients. The manual and webinar are also based on extensive empirical research on CBT-I, including a landmark federally-funded study conducted at Harvard Medical School by Dr. Jacobs and colleagues demonstrating that the same CBT protocol described in the CBT-I manual and webinar was more effective than Ambien ((Jacobs, GD, et al. Cognitive Behavior Therapy and Pharmacotherapy for Insomnia: a Randomized Controlled Trial and Direct Comparison. Archives of Internal Medicine, 2004, 164: 1888-96).
The CBT-I clinical training manual is a detailed, 180 page PDF manual that is updated annually and is intended for all clinicians and professionals who see clients or patients and wish to develop expertise in CBT-I. It contains modules on:
- Sleep and insomnia: basic concepts
- Sleep medications
- Assessment of insomnia patients
- Theory and rationale for the CBT-I techniques used to treat insomnia including cognitive restructuring, sleep scheduling, stimulus control, relaxation, sleep hygiene, and medication tapering techniques
- Step-by-step 5 session treatment manuals for groups and individuals
- Fees and billing information for mental health professionals.
- Potential clinical issues.
The CBT-I manual also includes all program materials (relaxation techniques MP3, sleep diaries, progress summaries, sleep history questionnaire, and brochures) and extensive focus articles.
The CBT-I Clinician Training Manual and webinar also include certification as a CBT-I clinician, and listing on Dr. Jacobs’ website www.cbtforinsomnia.com as a CBT-I provider for patients seeking CBT-I treatment, after passing a 25-item exam. Normally $195 for solo clinicians, the CBT-I Clinician Training Manual and webinar are offered at a discounted price of $150.
To register for the Webinar and order the Manual:
1. Go to www.cbtforinsomnia.com.
2. Click the “Products” tab.
3. Scroll down to “CBT-I Clinician Training Manual and Webinar”.
4. Click “Buy Now” button for $195 solo clinicians.
5. Purchase the manual for $195 and send an email after purchase with the discount code “MHCGM CBT-I” to firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to email@example.com, requesting a refund for $45. The refund will be issued within one business day.